Monday, February 7, 2011

Mozzarella Sticks

For Super Bowl Sunday we had my brother, Chris, and sister in law, Megan, over for the game and some yummy treats! Megan made some awesome pulled pork sliders and 7 layer bean dip! Delicious! I made some little smokies in bbq sauce and mozzarella sticks. Here are some pictures of the feast along with how to make homemade mozzarella sticks. (Ridiculously easy by the way).

7 Layer Dip


Unassembled pulled pork sliders


Mozzarella Sticks:

Block of mozzarella cheese
Flour
Eggs (about 2)
Italian Bread Crumbs
Vegetable Oil

First, you cut the mozzarella cheese into the size of the sticks you want. Then you put the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls. I don't know how much, I just eye ball it. You can easily add more if you need it:


Then you dip the cheese into the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.




Heat the oil on the stove. I usually do a medium-high heat. You can drop some bread crumbs in and if it's sizzling then you know it's ready.


This is what they look like ready to go in the oil:


You drop it in the oil and let it go for only about 5-10 seconds. Completed goodness:



3 comments:

  1. mmmm, those remind me of our old Denny's runs! They look delish, and SO much cheaper than buying them frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, they are making me hungry and it's only 9 am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! i wish we could have been there, to see you guys, but also to eat that food! YUM! I had no idea homemade mozzarella sticks were so easy, this could get really dangerous! they look SO good, now I want to make some for lunch!

    ReplyDelete